Exciting announcements for all OPPO owners: Our new MediaControl App has been released, along with new firmware that is optimised for use with it.
The firmware update includes a series of performance improvements as well as the following features:
- JRiver Media Center compatibility update
- Support for MKV files with PGS subtitles
- Zoom functionality for video content sent via HDMI IN
- Upgrades to CinemaNow and YouTube applications
- Options to set 'Power On Volume' and 'Max Volume' for multi-channel and stereo
- Added 'Power On Input' to set default start up input
- Backup restoration options added to 'Settings Management'
- Added SMB server file sorting support
- Improved support for CUE playlists
- Added commands for Darbee control
- Added 'Gapless Playback' feature
- Disc compatibility improvements
The OPPO MediaControl App turns your mobile device into a remote that provides complete control over your OPPO Blu-ray player. The app is able to browse media libraries, control playback of media files, and even turn the player on and off. It includes the following features:
- View media files on a connected USB device, data disc and SMB server
- Browse through media files by using the alphabetical scrollbar and search function
- Control the playback of media files and toggle features like Shuffle and Repeat
- View media file information on the Now Playing screen
- Control multiple players with a single mobile device
- Power the player off and on using the application itself
- Can be used in place of or in conjunction with the physical remote control
Be aware that this App will only work with players that have the supported firmware version installed.
If you run into any issues or observe any errors when using the application, let us know by lodging a support ticket here.